Sunday 17 February 2013

A night to remember.

Of course, a night wherein every Junior and Senior student are looking forward to. The Junior-Senior Promenade or better known as the JS Prom.





Ours took place at our school's events center last February 15, 2013. I was seriously giddy for hours before the event. But  about 2 hours before it, I became nervous for no reason at all. Maybe it was because it's my first (and last) prom. Our school only celebrates prom every other year so I won't be having one when I'm a 4th year student.


My gown was inspired by Ariana Grande's gown in her music video, Put Your Hearts Up. I got it made at a little boutique called Clarisa Gowns. And my shoes are from Primadonna. Who knew I could survive a whole night wearing 5-inched sparkly heels? Haha! My feet were surprisingly not that sore after the event. 


It was so fun and was a really great experience. Definitely a night that I will always go back to when I'm reminiscing. The picture above was when we were singing Auld Lang Syne. As you can see, our colors were blue and red. Blue for the Juniors and red for the Seniors.


Camille and I. One of my good friends and a person who I call "kabsat/kapatid" because people say we look like sisters. Hahaha! As you can see, I didn't really wear any jewelry except for earrings. I'm not really fond of those so you get my point.


I didn't get to take a lot of pictures because I was too busy having fun. Haha. The picture was taken after we danced the Cotillion which may I say myself was a major failure but it was still fun. We danced it 2 times in a row. Yes, I became haggard after that but a quick touch-up and a little bit of fixing the hair, poof! Ready to party once again. Oh and did I mention that dancing the Dougie, Gangnam Style and Cha-cha (if you're Filipino, you probably know what this is. This isn't the ballroom chacha but the eat bulaga one.) while wearing a gown and heels? Challenge accepted and COMPLETED.


The hats-off awardees. If you don't know what this is, it's basically an exchange gift between a Junior and Senior student. The teachers will give you a title that describes you and you will have to give a gift to the junior/senior student that has the same title as you. I got "Beauty and Brain". It was pretty hard to pick a gift considering the fact that I wasn't close with my counterpart.


They say that the last dance is the most special dance of the night, but for me, it was my first. This was taken before I left the event. I didn't stay up 'till 12 but I got to finish the event. It was about 11:30 when I left, the last 30 minutes were supposed to be spent partying and taking pictures but I had to go because I was going to a wedding the next day. The guy in the picture is Carlo. If you follow me on twitter and know me in real life, you would know who he is. Since I was "table-mates" with my best friends, when he asked me to dance they all teased me.... again.



It was a night full of chats, laughter and dancing. And I mean a lot of dancing. 
Definitely a night to remember.


- Idelyn

**Sorry for being inactive, I was pretty busy but I promise to post more. Especially this week since it's our school's foundation week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment